Re: Some impressions about the current status of Unity

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 00:00, Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22/02/12 15:38, Sunil Singh Rana wrote:
>>
>> Why not have filter result shown by default, and at least in app lense
>> deselect a particular filter as soon as other filter is selected. Use may be
>> ctrl click or double click to select multiple filters.
>
> surely that would show even less of the stuff I actually want to see, which
> is my applications. The filters take up loads of space, categories don't.

The word "Filters"    kind-of  implies the idea of "advanced search" .

It's not extremely intuitive to do an immediate connection between "i
would like to choose a category" and "let's click on the filters" .

The apps categories could be displayed in SplitPane  at the left of
the applications lens    (a SplitPane that could be minimized to the
left)  .

--
Adrian M