Re: Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps available for download"

On 24. feb. 2012 02:20, cmaglothin wrote:

He didn't say take them out of the market, I think he meant take them out of the suggested apps in the lenses. Or at least make it where non-PG apps are not placed in the suggestions of the lenses by default and have it be opt out.

I had never heard of PG before you mentioned it. I had to look it up on Wikipedia. It's a USA thing, right? Like Mark Twain, Tolkien, Dostojevski, etc? Too strong for the american public?

I will tell you a few things about my perspective. I am under attack by everyone. 30% of the population really hates USA in public. Most hate them in private, but it's not considered politically correct to hate USA because of the Marshall plan, so most don't. 40% of the population hates the arabic world. Nobody hates Africa, of course. That would be politically incorrect. We are the world, aren't we? I was born in 1980, which makes me a factor. Nobody would ever want to mess with africa. That would kill any public persons name. China? Everyone hates them, except for the products, of course. They hate us and want to make us an new Cuba, but that works out fine, because the reason they hate us is our belief in free speech.

USA is beginning to look like Iran from a Norwegian perspective. Unfortunately, the american fundamentalism is the least of our problems these days. The level of fundamentalism in a country that claims to be free, is staggering. You're punishing teachers for teaching the connotations of the word nigger. Have you gone insane? It would be like punishing a Norwegian teacher for teaching why nazism is bad. We don't do that yet, because we haven't reached the level of insanity that the USA has. We are certainly on our way, of course. We still have some pieces of democracy and the freedom of speech.

Let me put it in your own language, that comes to me without any kind of involvement on my part. And you'll never find any kind of similar text on the internet with my signature on it, the point being that it's quite possible to know words without using them;

Take your american bitch ass motherfucking for-death/pro-life hypocrisy and get the fuck out of my internet. And don't let the door hit your fat bigoted american ass on your motherfucking way out.

Or otherwise, we might possibly get together and figure out how to make the peoples of the world agree with your views on what's appropriate and what's not. That would be a better solution, from my perspective. For instance, in Norway, it is perfectly legal for me as a man to go into a café with no shirt on, since I'm a man, but they're discussing whether or not it should be legal for women to cover their hair. Isn't that beautiful? What is your perspective on this with regards to the internet? But obviously, I would be wrong. We might for instance discuss whether or not Ubuntu should spread books that sell the notion of drinking human blood and eating their flesh as a way to become more valuable. But few americans would ever champion the idea that Ubuntu should forbid the bible. Would they?

Norwegians who went to America and made a fortune, are promoted as heroes. Africans who come to Norway in order to make an honest buck, are considered criminals. Trust me when I tell you that I am deeply and personally offended by the fact that this is how the world works. I know the USA has the same concept with Mexicans.

I understand the difficulties. But I reject the notion that sexuality should be the next victim of the righteous right to decide what's proper and what is not. If you want to protest, then protest the promotion of the bible or the qur'an or the tora.

We could not possibly, under any circumstance, sensor naked humans for young people without requiring some sort of registration. If you don't like that, go make your own distro. In the meantime, perhaps parents should teach their own children what to do and what now to do.

I apologize for my anger on this one, but it just couldn't be helped.

--
Jo-Erlend Schinstad