Re: Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps available for download"

On 02/23/2012 09:21 PM, Mark Curtis wrote:
Yes of course, we should only ban/allow what you personally find (un)acceptable. That won't cause any problems in an operating system reaching the world with numerous cultures or anything.

Also as I said before, *PornView isn't even a pornographic application*

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:13:38 -0600
From: rtgkid@xxxxxxxxx
To: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps available for download"

 On 02/23/2012 07:14 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:

    On 24. feb. 2012 01:53, Colton Allen wrote:

        So yeah, an app called "Porn View" showed up while I was
        demoing Ubuntu to a friend.  Despite the brief embarrassment
        and explanations, I doubt that person will
        take Ubuntu seriously.  We should probably restrict
        pornographic apps to the store and keep the lenses PG.

    Perhaps we should remove the Bible apps as well then. I find it
    seriously offensive. But maybe it's only nature that's unholy? USA
    are now making it illegal to teach the history of racism. They are
    also trying to make it illegal to teach non-theism.

    We should not forbid other peoples wishes because of ancient
    beliefs in witches and weird stuff. If Ubuntu starts to sensor
    things, it will no doubt be my reason to not only drop out, but
    become an extremely verbal enemy.

    What if we sell books, should Lady Chatterley's Lover be forbidden
    because it might not be perfectly suitable to children or
    fanatical christians? I will never, ever be a part of anything
    remotely similar to that. Present your next idea.

-- Jo-Erlend Schinstad

I definitely agree with the idea that we should eliminate pornographic apps from "Apps Available for Download". That being said, I find it seriously offensive that you want to remove Bible apps. Nature itself is unholy. People are also unholy. I am unholy. No one but the Lord, Jesus Christ is holy. I find it seriously offensive that you wish to remove Christian Apps from that list. I am not just saying this because it offends me, I am saying this because (I understand that people from this list are from all around the world) people from other countries probably don't know this, but the United States was built upon Christianity. Now, the very people who built America would not recognise it because of all of the "politically-correctness" that is going on in America. A ton of public places (like public schools) try their best to keep Christianity out of them.

I can also tell you that I *cannot* find the love and peace that I can in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is not just my God, he is also yours, and everybody's. You and everybody else can reject Him and tell me that He is not real, but how could I be an accident (if you are an atheist)? Give me just one time where you felt the love of your god. Just one. If you tell me that you are a Christian, you obviously are just saying that, because a true Christian knows how important it is to spread the Good News (which is that Jesus Christ was born in a little manger, *died a horrible death on the cross for _our_ sins, and _ROSE FROM THE GRAVE_*. He did this all for us. He did this because He loved us. Nails were hammered into His flesh and through His hands and feet. His last words on the cross were "It is finished.". I hope that you and everyone else on this list has read this and sort of understands what I am getting at.

If you want to follow Christ forever and stay with Him forever after you die, here is what you must do, but the choice is yours, not mine:

1. Admit to God that you are a sinner. "For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God." - Romans 3:23. This includes EVERYBODY: ME, YOU, EVERYBODY ON THIS PLANET). If you do not understand what sin is, you do it everyday without thinking about it, and so do I. It is basically anything you do that is wrong. For example (I am just stating these as an example, I am not saying that you have done them): murder, stealing, lying (a big one, we all lie), just to name a few, but there are a ton more.

2. TRULY believe that God sent Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Saviour. Read the paragraph above. Adding to that paragraph: He also performed miracles to show how truly great He was and still is. He turned water into wine in literally A SECOND. Say you don't believe me, but you probably will once you read this: He made you and me. He made everything that is on earth (everything expect for man-made objects, including pornography which we all want to remove from the dash). Other man-made objects include all buildings.

3. Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. This does mean publicly professing that you are a Christian and that the Lord has come into your heart and soul. It is hard to do for some people, but you need to do this in order to be saved. (The term here "saved" means saved from spending eternity in Hell, which is what people do when they choose to not follow Jesus.)

Do this, and I guarantee you will feel a lot better. You will have a sense of peace come over you in the worst situations like no other. You will know it is Jesus. You will also be comforted knowing that Jesus is in your life. Christianity is like no other religion. Other religions require that you do as their god says or else something bad will happen to you and you will be punished. Christianity is a relationship between you and God. This will be a mouthful: Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are all the same, yet they are different at the same time. This is usually very complicated for everyone to understand. God sent His one and only Son, Jesus to die on the cross. Even though Jesus is God, they are still the different. All three of these (God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit) have different jobs. The Holy Spirit is the one who changes you and helps you to become a Christian by working in your heart. Jesus Christ is God's Son who died on the cross for you. God is both our and Jesus' Father. He is our Heavenly Father, meaning that He is not our physical "on-earth" father. You do not necessarily need to fully understand this before becoming a Christian, Jesus will help you understand after you become a Christian.

Please be careful: some people believe that being baptised makes you a Christian. It does not. It is a way of showing others you are a Christian. You can do this after you become a Christian if you like, though it is not required. I hope you chose to follow the steps I provided. Please remember, it is a simple, yet complicated choice: do you want to go to Heaven or Hell? Do you want to live your life following Jesus and letting Him lead you to the places you need to be, or would you rather live your life in a cloudy environment, where voices all over tell you what you should do (but what is actually what will get you in trouble)? What will your choice be? Will you choose to follow Jesus? I did and was changed on the inside and out. I was a completely new person. All Christians still sin, since they are humans (read the verse above), but Christians sin a whole lot less. I hope you have taken time out of your day to read this and have also decided to follow Jesus Christ and to accept Him as your Lord and Saviour.

In Christ,
Ryan