Re: Launcher should be optional on secondary displays

Hi Nicholas,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:25, Nicholas Skaggs <
nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hello all. I sent a bug report that was really just a wishlist item and
> was directed towards this list instead. I'll link the bug report for
> clarity's sake.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/938242
>
> What I'm asking for is the ability to not have the launcher on a
> non-primary display, and to be able to independently configure when the
> launcher is enabled on all non-primary displays. For example these should
> all be possible scenarios,
>
> 2 monitors, one launcher on primary screen
> 4 monitors, one launcher on primary screen, one launcher on screen 4
> 3 monitors, 3 launchers
>
> I think I would argue that anyone running 4 displays is capable of
> understanding that if they shut the launcher off on a secondary display
> there user experience has changed. And of course, the default would be to
> have a launcher on all screens -- it would have to be changed to support
> this idea.

Nick, i work on a dual screen setup every day, i installed the alpha
(precise) to get some of the elementary problems fixed already.
This is a very annoying thing, it makes me so angry that i "gnome-shell
--replace" sometimes, just because i cant stand this edge resistance
annoyance. This needs fixing, and whoever test Ubuntu on a multi monitor
setup will notice that it could really need some love.