Re: Unity Scrollbars with a touch screen are very hard to use.

for desktop interface, don't forget about PageUp/PageDown. This is frequently used to scroll the page. Not having PageUp/PageDown in Dash brought my attention to how much it is used.

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:05:09 -0500
From: shrouded.cloud@xxxxxxxxx
To: cwoollard@xxxxxxxxx; unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Unity Scrollbars with a touch screen are very hard to use.

This is what gestures are for. Scrollbars are there primarily for notifying you of the length of a document and where you are in it. For touch screens, you have a scroll gesture (a flick or two finger drag to move content); for desktop interfaces (which Unity is designed for) you have a scroll wheel on mouses, two finger drag on touch pads, and the handle for if you just have an absolutely basic mouse from ages ago.

Ubuntu is not a touch OS. That, to me, seems like an edge case especially.
Thanks for reading!