Re: Installing Apps right from the Dash

On 02/27/2012 08:37 AM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
On 27. feb. 2012 13:57, Chris Wilson wrote:
This sounds like it would be really useful if simply clicking on an app in the recommendations list installed it for you. A progress bar, similar to the one use for processes on the Dash could appear at the bottom of the icon as the download/installation progressed.

Sounds very useful indeed. Perhaps it could be done by adding an emblem onto the application icon to show that it needs to be installed before it can be used? If done correctly, I think that could be a little more friendly than displaying them in different groups.

Linux Mint already has this in its MintMenu, and I think it is useful (at least for me). I think it would be a good idea to incorporate this into Unity.