Re: Dynamic ordering of applications on Unity launcher concept

I'm using the shortcuts (Super+1..0) to open the first apps in launcher ... that wouldn't be possible with dynamic ordering!!! Maybe the launcher can ask to cleanup unused apps after a period of time! Frequently used are also apps like the Image Viewer and screenshot-tool ... but I don't want to have them in my launcher!!!

Am 04.03.2012 23:22, schrieb Omar B.:

I was trying to test your proposal (by manually moving pinned active apps to the top) and i felt there would be a lot of movement. I usually pin my apps in order of importance/usage, the top 3 are usually the ones i use the most.

>*The problem* is that it is difficult for the user to, at a glance, distinguish between running and favourite apps as they are often dispersed amongst each other. It is not immediately clear which apps are running.

a solution to this could be if you try "Backlights toggles" (active icons only). Install myUnity and try it.

http://www.worldofnubcraft.com/770/unity-launcher-can-even-be-better-if/

here is the bug for "backlight toggles for active icons", am not clear the reason why is "no-fix":

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-2d/+bug/753969