Re: (In)Accessibility of Unity in current Precise

So right now we have a broken dash, HUD, indicators, launcher, global menu and lightdm, I took a few videos and filed a few bugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJRwpcJBa8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVpVN21MbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvHj1tLd2IQ

Lightdm doesn't work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-greeter/+bug/944161
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-greeter/+bug/944159

HUD doesn't work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/+bug/949445

Dash doesn't work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/949372

Global menus and indicators don't work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dbusmenu/+bug/949370

Launcher doesn't work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/949448

and finally one bonus bug that isn't in the videos is that the shortcuts overlay doesn't work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/935194

I would really appreciate it if these things could be made broadly functional so that we can do some useful testing and fixing of the details. Right now there is no polishing that can be done to make it work better because it simply does not work at all. What I *really* want is for some basic testing to be done pre-landing of this code. A Beta would not go out of the door with this much broken for sighted users.

Alan.