Re: Ability to remove Spaces-Icon from launcher for my parents :)

that is in the works:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/868423

not sure if it will be ready

From: nrundy@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:29:24 -0400
Subject: [Unity-design] Ability to remove Spaces-Icon from launcher for my	parents :)

I've been sitting my elderly parents down in front of 12.04 Beta because I plan to transition them off 10.04 onto 12.04 stable in May. I think ultimately (despite them having to learn some new ways of doing things) Unity will be easier for them to use overall. Thank you team Ubuntu for being brave to try something new and working so hard to make Unity a success!

One problem that is cropping up is that my parents do NOT understand Spaces. Frankly, they never will. Unfortunately, I can find no way to remove the Space-Icon from the Launcher. And if/when a parent accidentally clicks the Spaces icon the desktop changes and they get confused and don't know what happened.

Any way to remove the Space icon from the Launcher? If not, don't you think it would be a good move to add the ability to remove that icon from the Launcher for situations like this?