Re: Unity Task Switching (keyboard-shortcut for closing spread windows)

Yes I did. I am aware of the functions of the delete key. My first choice of key would have been escape, but that's already used. The delete key is unused in this context, it is intuitive IMHO and it is actually fairly rare that an accidental deletion (though I'm not entirely clear how that would happen in this context) is irreversible. Deleted characters/words are usually in programs for which there is an undo function and deleting files has a confirmation and can be undone. I don't really understand the problem with using it. We drag items to the trash to remove them from the launcher. I would like to extend this functionality to closing windows in the spread and therefore the use of the delete key makes perfect sense to me, as an extension of this idea.