Re: Unity Task Switching (keyboard-shortcut for closing spread windows)

Might be worth exploring whether keyboard-shortcuts for minimizing windows could work in Spread. For example, user creates a custom keyboard-shortcut of Alt+F9 to minimize window. When in Spread and a window has orange-focus, tapping Alt+F9 would minimize that Spread-window?

Yeah, I don't know what to do about whether minimized windows should show in Spread or not. I'll leave this to the Community for now. I'm focused on the keyboard-shortcut for closing windows because this is the ONE feature that I would use a lot and frankly the only feature I feel would be hard to live without.

From: estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: nrundy@xxxxxxxxxxx; unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Unity-design] Unity Task Switching (keyboard-shortcut for closing spread windows)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:38:07 +0000

sounds good.
Now about Minimizing.
i think it would be good to be able to minimize from the spread, not just close.
Is faster than focusing windows first then targeting the controls.
A lot of people (in several crowded bug reports) have been wanting a faster way to minimize by "clicking the launcher icon", but I think the spread is a better place for controlling all these windows, specially with the new designs show lots of potential for a "new way of window managing".
Also am not sure if minimized windows show on the spread or not, would be nice to have a hint that they are minimized and even toggle the state in the spread as mentioned.