From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Volume past 100% on the indicator
To: "Omar B." <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ayatana new email" <unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 11:11 AM

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Omar B. <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I usually need to push the volume past 100% on a daily basis.
Is not clear to me why we can't do it from the indicator and need to open the settings.
This could be more discoverable. I also see my parents wanting to push volume up.

This was on one of the ubuntu surveys (i think for the volume indicator), so i figured it would be in the works along with a few other things?
I believe pushing the volume past 100% risks permanently damaging your speakers, which is why it isn't discoverable. If 100% is still too quiet, I suggest getting better speakers, since you're already at the max that they can safely produce.

Cheers,
Evan