Re: Volume past 100% on the indicator

Am using laptops.
never have problems on the speakers going past 100 (or 80% as you describe).
of course is very rare i have to go to the max. Usually just need to go a little more or to the middle, but is getting frustrating having to open the big settings panel and with 12.04 is now at the bottom of sound settings and an even smaller target.
i think having a checkbox in the settings to go past it in the indicator would be welcome. I think every person in the world is smart enough to know if he cant hear something or not, and if they cant i don't know why you want to stop them to increasing the volume as much as they need.