Re: Tour on first login

I am not sure if you guys have seen the welcome dialogue presented by Linux
Mint. I have attached for you to see. It is persistent after every boot
until the user checks the option to not display any more. This would be
very helpful to a new user (user who migrated from windows, users new to
Unity) since in this welcome dialogue you can present so many info like
where to find help, using Unity etc...

Well how is this different from Ubuntu Help or Ubiquity?

1. Ubiquity does not display how to use features such as the dash, Launcher
etc...it more or less only presents the features of Ubuntu like default
applications etc..

2. Ubiquity slideshow is shown during the installation progress (when file
copying is done etc..) which can be missed by a user who is not present
nearby to see it..I think this is a common situation where a user starts
installing ubuntu and instead of waiting for it to complete, goes outside
for a break.

3. Ubuntu Help is comprehensive and is not presented on first boot by the
user. As much as it can be accessed easily it is not that intuitive for a
new user to immediately start looking for Ubuntu help.

While this welcome dialogue will the thing he sees when he boots in the
desktop. This welcome dialogue should not be complicated...just critical
info like showing the dash, global menu, launcher, software center etc...

Thoughts?

Nekhelesh