Re: make the launcher icons smaller

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM, cmaglothin <cmaglothin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While I feel that the default size is perfectly fine for most screens, I
> would like to ask whether or not one has the ability to grab the side of
> the launcher to resize it similar to how one might resize a window? If not,
> might this be a future feature for the Unity launcher? Grabbing the edge
> with the mouse and pushing inward to make the launcher thinner and the
> icons smaller, and pulling it outward to make the launcher thicker and
> icons larger.

This isn't currently a feature, and I don't expect it to be in future. The
problem is that resizing the launcher is an uncommon action - presumably
you'll set it once to your preferred size, and then leave it. If we were to
make the edge click-drag-resizable, then at least some people who were
trying to click on a tile or on a window will accidentally click-drag the
launcher instead. The problems caused in this scenario almost definitely
outweigh the advantages in the scenario where you do want to set it, simply
because the latter is so rare.

Evan