Re: Which folders does home lens search for applications

Den 07. april 2012 14:54, skrev Ryan Gauger:
I tend to think it is logical for dash to search through the applications folder. I Why is it searching through .desktop files? It is not very logical at all the way Unity is set up. I think dash should search through the applications folder instead. It would make much more sense, especially to me. Thanks!

Application launchers are defined in .desktop files. It's a freedesktop.org specification. All shells do that.

PS - I am praying for everybody. I hope life is going well :)

Sent from my iPod

Don't you think it's a little bit strange to push your christian beliefs so hard while at the same time advocating eating from the forbidden fruit – in the holiest of holy christian holidays, even? (Have another look at your Apple logo and then have a look at the previous logo – a gravestone with a portrait of Adam sitting under the tree with the forbidden fruit. )

Just saying.. :)

--
Jo-Erlend Schinstad