Style of system/indicator menus

I feel that one of the areas that can be improved visually is the style of menus, for example, when clicking an indicator.

What I would propose is a new style that to some extent matches the look of the quicklists for the launcher, and something similar to what can be found in GNOME Shell. I think using a more rounded 'bubble' would also make it easier to see which menu is currently active.

I've attached an image, which shows the similarities between the shape of quicklists and GS menus.

Thoughts?

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office attachments. They are saved in a secret format that cannot be read by free software. Please use the OpenDocument or HTML format instead.