Re: Style of system/indicator menus

To be honest, I had been thinking the same. However, if HUD is planned to become the default and replace global menus in the future, this wouldn't be an issue. Potentially, a new style could also be used with LIMs, and global menu could even be scrapped altogether (after all, not many applications actually support it)

So really I think it all depends on what is going to happen with the global menu, LIM and HUD. I can't imagine all three will remain supported particularly when HUD is mature.