Re: Animations/Transitions in Ubuntu

I was wondering - why are the animations in Ubuntu not nearly as smooth
as Mac OS X - or even Windows? Take a look at the workspace switcher -
it is not nearly as smooth as it would be if it were in Windows. There
is no reason for this is there? Hardware should not be a problem, since
Windows 7 and Windows 8 are both running on my PC, and definitely have
smoother animations than Ubuntu does. So I think that the animations in
Ubuntu should be as or almost as smooth as the animations on Windows.
Any ideas on how to do this, or should I file a bug? Thanks!

Explaining what do you mean by "smooth" would be nice.

If you mean frame rate, I see no noticeable lagging or choppiness
while using the workspace switcher. If you refer to aesthetics,
you need to give more details.