Animations/Transitions in Ubuntu

Team,

I was wondering - why are the animations in Ubuntu not nearly as smooth as Mac OS X - or even Windows? Take a look at the workspace switcher - it is not nearly as smooth as it would be if it were in Windows. There is no reason for this is there? Hardware should not be a problem, since Windows 7 and Windows 8 are both running on my PC, and definitely have smoother animations than Ubuntu does. So I think that the animations in Ubuntu should be as or almost as smooth as the animations on Windows. Any ideas on how to do this, or should I file a bug? Thanks!

In Christ,
Ryan

"For God so loved the world in this way: He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." - John 3:16 HCSB

Follow ups