Re: question

Em 15-04-2012 13:47, John escreveu:
On 15/04/12 17:45, Pedro Bessa wrote:
Em 14-04-2012 12:53, Evan Huus escreveu:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Pedro Bessa <pedbessa@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pedbessa@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Em 14-04-2012 12:17, Evan Huus escreveu:

    FWIW, it already is an option. The HUD activation key can be
    changed to whatever you want under Keyboard > Shortcuts in the
    control center.

    Evan
    No, it can't. Go take a look there. HUD isn't listed.

In up-to-date Precise, go "System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Launchers" and the second item listed is "Key to show the HUD". It defaults to "Alt L". I believe it was a fairly recent addition - is your system up to date?

Evan
I updated my system and selected left ctrl for hud, but now when I hold CTRL, then hit V to paste, HUD opens and I paste in HUD. Super doesn't do that.

If it was default, there would be care!

Ok, can I ask, I have been following this thread with interest, but I have no idea what HUD is, can somebody explain what it is? Thanks.

HUD is heads-up display, a feature that will appear in Ubuntu 12.04 stable version, but already appeared in the ubuntu 12.04 beta version. Instead of going Edit -> Copy, you type alt to launch hud, then type paste, then type enter and that's expressive, because copy is the command for copy. You can also hit CTRL+V to paste, but that's cryptic, because v doesn't mean paste, v isn't the first english symbol of paste, so v has to be memorized. If many commands are cryptic, commands become hard to memorize, so there are few commands that regular users know by memory, but HUD is expressive, so you can use all commands without having to memorize a key combination for them.