Re: Suggestion for Dynamic LIM for Ubuntu 12.10

Em 17-04-2012 02:23, Roshan P Koshy escreveu:

For 12.10 the LIM is dynamic ie.. for unmaximized windows LIM icon is present and for maximized ones, the LIM is absent and the global menu takes over.

The placement of LIM icon should be little far (about 6-8 mm) from the windows control buttons (close/minimize/maximize) and clear to the windows title(2-3 mm). The menu is displayed through a hover trigger over the icon. as the click add extra mouse click.A light low timeout preferably about one and a half second should be added.

With Love and Regards,
Roshan P Koshy

I wish LIM was in maximized AND unmaximized windows. It's consistency.

Steps to reproduce:
1. unmaximize a window
2. see LIM
3. maximize a window

expected results:
I see LIM

actual results:
things are complicated, because there is more appearance and more behavior to memorize and expect, I see the global menu