Re: integrating powers of the shell in applications

Den 23. april 2012 00:26, skrev shane lee:

>     How could one integrate this feature in programs as office, firefox
>     when attaching files, and so on? In my opinion it could make sense.
>     What do you think?

By the use of plugins. That's how it works in most applications. They
don't use Zeitgeist directly, but instead add a plugin to use it. You're
right; things like Firefox and Thunderbird doesn't use Zeitgeist by
default yet. I don't know why. But that can be fixed outside release
cycles, so that's not a very big deal.

There's lots of work to do though. But yes, it makes perfect sense. You
can't make good choices without the necessary information.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad