Re: Volumes remain in launcher after unmounting

Just now testing the 20120423 i386 image and both during and after installation all looks well. Sorry for raising a red flag where none was needed :^)

Lance

--- On Sun, 4/22/12, Lance <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Lance <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Volumes remain in launcher after unmounting
To: "ayatana" <unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 6:23 AM

While performing iso/upgrade testing I noticed that after mounting a volume in my multi-boot testing box to copy files, and then unmounting that volume by right-clicking it in the launcher and choosing to unmount, the volume still appears in the launcher even after it's unmounted.

Is that a bug or is it intentional? It seems odd because external volumes like flash drives or USB hard drives seem to follow a more "sane" behavior of disappearing from the launcher after choosing to "safely remove".

Of course this is not something that would be commonly done on a day-to-day basis, at least not by me. Generally any additional volumes I'd want to mount on a regular basis would be added to fstab and symlinked to /home.

I was just curious. I'm attaching a screenshot if that's helpful. I should note that testing comes first at this point in the game
 so if I'm slow responding you'll know why.

Lance (aka; Erick Brunzell)

PS: Overall I think things look great!