Re: Easy installation of lenses

Also Agree. Lenses should definitely have there own section in the USC. The way I see it the dash is the stand out feature of Unity and more attention should be drawn to it. A dedicated section for lenses in the USC together with the development of many more lenses would certainly do this. Im quite surprised more effort hasnt been made by the unity team to promote the lens concept, I mean only 1/2 lenses were officially added between 11.10 and 12.04 werent they?

As an aside, I also think indicator applets should also have a dedicated section in the USC so they are easier to find and install. The USC really should be a one stop shop for all things ubuntu. At the moment its failing that.
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:53:21 +0100
From: shaneymail@xxxxxxxxx
To: varunpr97@xxxxxxxxx
CC: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Easy installation of lenses

Agreed.  The problem as I see it currently is that what lenses are available are third party/PPA's that need to be manually added.There really needs to be some kind of central repository for them.A "lens store" kind of thing.
Lenses could do for ubuntu what apps have done for iOS/Android (to an extent).