Re: Add Dodge Feature Back to Unity

Em 03-05-2012 02:49, Ian Santopietro escreveu:
Because of the burden of maintaining the code that enables that. There
are a bunch of components that do that, and it's better to focus
developer time into projects that affect the vast majority of users.
Who is "the vast majority of users"? New users? I don't think so... I think the vast majority of users are the users that upgraded from previous version (11.04 and 11.10), where the intellihide was the default behaviour. Why this couldn't be left as an option? Only 117 lines of code[1] for "Dodge windows" and "Dodge Active Window" (and it was good code).

I think the "This confuse new users. Let's remove it" attitude is not respectful with the long time users. Does that make sense?

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity/unity.no-more-intelihide/+merge/92069