Re: unity-distilled list proposal

Hi Mark, i've subscribed since few months, sometimes I got a +1, other
times I wrote about things already decided. Anyway it was easy to me
understand when propose an idea and when jump the conversation.
I propose this way:
1) this ml for newbies, onews, oldies, old ideas: that is the primordial
soup.
2) a development ml where selected ideas are brought on, developed,
debugged...
3) an administration ml where guidelines are discussed.
I think everybody should read the three ml but only selected write.
>From a graphical point of view a forum would be better, but maybe confusing
and requiring administrators, people looking at it many times every day...
Best regards,
Supernova
Il giorno venerdì 4 maggio 2012, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> ha
scritto:
> On 05/04/2012 06:10 AM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>
>> I'd like to propose an additional list,
>> unity-distilled, which would be public and unmoderated, but open by
>> invitation only.
>
>> Thoughts?
>
> A list like this without the noise would be very welcome.
>
> But a number of people would have to be on both lists, then, to see all
the input and for seeing who can be invited. That's more load, not less,
for at least a selected few who are all supposed to have some more valuable
things to do, given their qualification.

> Creating yet another place also feels like a retreat.
>
> If moderation, how about switching this list to initially-moderated?
Emails of new subscribers would either be allowed to the list, or
moderators would write replies stating the reason for rejection (ideally in
the most constructive, patient and friendly manner – thus not a job for me
–, with pointers to relevant past discussions).

> Newcomers would be switched to direct-to-list after 2 or 3 "good" emails.
The reading and following-rules challenged could be put back to moderated,
or even disinvited.