Re: unity-distilled list proposal

Em 04-05-2012 05:36, Thorsten Wilms escreveu:
A list like this without the noise would be very welcome.

But a number of people would have to be on both lists, then, to see all the input and for seeing who can be invited. That's more load, not less, for at least a selected few who are all supposed to have some more valuable things to do, given their qualification.

Creating yet another place also feels like a retreat.

If moderation, how about switching this list to initially-moderated? Emails of new subscribers would either be allowed to the list, or moderators would write replies stating the reason for rejection (ideally in the most constructive, patient and friendly manner – thus not a job for me –, with pointers to relevant past discussions).

Newcomers would be switched to direct-to-list after 2 or 3 "good" emails. The reading and following-rules challenged could be put back to moderated, or even disinvited.

A little quiz could be used as hurdle to subscription ;)

This sounds like a better and more scalable approach.

If Launchpad supports everything that Thorsten is proposing,
I definitely prefer moderation over the creation of another list.