different icons for each workspace

Hey folks,
So Im getting used to unity.  One thing I noticed is that I would
really prefer each workspace to have its own set of icons.  I try to
be task oriented, and I use the desktop to place icons there
representing different tasks, or trains of thought that I have.  So
having a new workspace copy all my "thoughts" from another workspace
doesn't make sense in my mind.

I know this has been talked about before, if not here, then elsewhere.
 It looks like the tech just isn't there.

I would really like to see this happen, so I would like to take some
steps to make it happen.  What steps can I take?  What are the
obstacles?  Please help.

Thanks,
Dan

--
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear,
simple--and wrong."

Follow ups