Re: Thunderbird 'close' behaviour (to make it as RB or Transmission)

I use a tool available in the repositories called "gm-notify".
This runs in the messaging menu and checks your gmail inbox, on clicking it
opens gmail in the default browser
Surely wouldn't be *too* difficult to modify to check other account types
and open in the default email app?