Re: Transparency Behind Launcher Option

On 24 May 2012 17:05, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And "ugly options" are still options, adding complexity to the code, and
> thus making it harder for the developers to maintain it. We need as few
> options as possible, not more than we have now.

I vehemently disagree. Options like this, transparency levels, changing the
background colour of the launcher, etc -- these options have effectively
already been created in the code, either as constants or config options
(whether in compizconfig, gconf, dconf, etc).

The only extra complexity this adds is to the UI design of the control
panel.

You can make a case for dropping due to complexity in the case of extra
behaviours like the dodge windows feature -- which I liked, but recognise
the argument in not wanting to maintain a whole extra behaviour -- but this
is not an extra behaviour, it's changing a value in code which remains
exactly the same.