Re: Transparency Behind Launcher Option

On 05/24/2012 03:28 PM, Ryan Gauger wrote:
Hi Team,

I just had an idea that may speed up Unity even further. We could
perhaps make transparency behind the launcher an option, so that if
users choose to disable it, their computer's performance and speed
should run a bit smoother. Just an idea :) Thanks!

Sorry, do you have any data to back up the argument that anything would be measurably faster with launcher transparency disabled? Without any hint of evidence I don't think this is worth spending time on.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make everything perform better, but we need a way to gauge this rigorously, otherwise we're shooting in the dark.

Cheers,
Mikkel