Re: dropping the top panel shadow

On 03/06/12 09:08, shane lee wrote:
I find when I use Unity 2D with composite enabled, that lack of panel
shadow looks really odd when windows have shadows.
It also makes the desktop look so... flat.

I agree bugs are a problem and it needs looking at but maybe a better
way to draw the shadow?

Visually what I would like to see is all the global menus and indicators looking like the dash and HUD in terms of colour and transparency and blur, interestingly the dash and HUD do cast a shadow but this is in the nux layer so doesn't get zoomed with compiz zoom (which is good that they don't become detached from the thing they are supposed to be a shadow of, but bad that compiz enhanced zoom (our most widely used accessibility feature by a long way I expect) doesn't operate on them). Rebuilding the top panel to look more like the dash and have pretty and consistent shadows is a significant amount of work. Disabling the broken shadow is a trivial amount of work.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk