Re: (no subject)

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Chris Wilson <afrowildo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> There's a bug saying application indicators are too wide that's been hanging
> around for nearly two and a half years now and I was wondering if this is
> actually a real problem that we're looking to solve, or if there's a design
> case for keeping them the way they are. The principle argument is that they
> take up too much space on small displays.

The wider they are the easier they are to hit, and the less likely you
are to hit the wrong one by accident.

On the other hand, they shouldn't be so wide that the application menu
runs off the end.

Ideally I suppose the 'padding' on either side should adjust to the
size of the monitor and the size of the other menus so that they're
always as big as possible but no bigger (to a certain upper maximum,
of course).

Just my two cents,
Evan