Re: Fwd: Stoping Maximized Window Title to go to global panel on Unity

That one or a few people complain about window buttons (which was already
changed during 10.10 if I remember correctly) and the global menu, doesn't
mean we should remove them or change them back. Window buttons don't have a
"normal" side, it differs between Windows and Mac so it matters from what
platform you came to make one side normal.

I could write out a big rational on why the buttons should go left, but in
the short version all keep it to just this: this way it's much more easy to
combine the window title bar with buttons with the top bar. That alone
gives a pixel gain off about 25 if I remember correct.

The merging of the menu bar with the top bar gives a similar result and it
the current implementation might not be perfect but it's pretty decent.
Furthermore I'd like to point out that people can still remove and add
anything they like. These suggestions might have a place in a tutorial on
"how to adept ubuntu to your needs" but we should refrain from making this
an option.

Like explained I'm other threads we should keep the in build options to a
minimum for as long as we can to lessen the testing burden!

With metta, Chris