Re: Worrying nautilus development direction, New default file manager?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> . . . <http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=ef467c8775392d0f0feb0e38f7a80f2d41719d84>

SMH. I wish I hadn't seen that.

Am I reading this right: Nautilus now has only an icon view and a
tree-less details view? One folder per window, but it's a browser
style interaction?

> Some of the rest, though, as Federico Mena Quintero described it, is
> "just vandalism".
> <https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2012-July/msg00022.html>

I cheered a little when I saw that.

> . . .
> What would help, first, is for people to compile a thorough feature
> comparison, both for users and contributors. (Maybe use pad.ubuntu.com
> for this.) What does Nautilus still have that Marlin, or Elementary
> Files, does not? What would we lose if we switched right now?

Should I be able to access pad.ubuntu.com?

I got confused somewhere in all this. I thought Elementary Files
(awful, awful name) was Marlin under a new maintainer.