Re: [Ayatana] Compiz close-buttons on expose

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Brandon Watkins <bwat47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I definitely agree, I recall posting something similar on this list during
> precise development. We need a close button, and text showing the name of
> the window (similar to gnome-shell's overlay)

unfortunately, window title rendering is broken in precise, it is already
implemented, you can even type to find and focus a window title.
Extremely cool if you can see them and you have lots of windows open.

( see attached image for CCSM configuration page  for scale addons )

i guess there was a degree of confusion somewhere along the way, as things
developed towards a more workspace-focused approach.
And perhaps also rendering the window title in the global menubar embedded
appmenu broke compiz' ready implementation here.
But then again.. workspaces are a whole different topic, and window
previews should so or so have a way to dismiss the window altogether,
"cleaning up" so to say.

And the window title seriously can't be so hard to obtain from the variable
in which it is stored.

Another low hanging fruit perhaps?

There's nothing wrong with awarding the user with usability.