Re: Very awesome design mockup

On Jul 25, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Britt Yazel <bwyazel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is an excellent design mockup by Fredrico Mendes Araujo if you guys haven't seen it yet. It is a few months old, but we NEED something like this to add the 'spice' to get people to truely adopt and see Ubuntu as a legitimate alternative. As Mac OS X has shown...sexy and stable is what the consumer market wants.
>
> http://www.techdrivein.com/2012/02/unity-concept-mockup-for-ubuntu-1210.html
>

> and the youtube video is:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JgZ_IEx7Zfg
This is a good video and mockup, but some of it, like the launcher position, is not practical. The top position for instance, would not work because the menu bar and applets are up there. The global menu would have to be moved down to the bottom along with the panel, which wound not work. Thanks!

---Ryan