Re: Unity panel can use some improvements

Don't forget: another reason for not  pushing transparency in addition to
yours is text. There is a lot of text in the menu bar and that text doesn't
play nice with cameleonic/transparent backgrounds. Hence why the indicators
should/do have a solid background as well.