Re: clean good looking unity design

Hi Omar,

Another nice mockup with good ideas, I have to say.

I like how the trash can and the workplace switcher are done in the
second link on second picture. The trash can is always annoying me in
the current implementation, it doesn't have a nice icon and the space in
that corner of the screen could be put to better use than just holding
the trash can.

Trying to push that idea a bit further, we could have a sort of
indicator showing that the trash can contains items (may be showing the
free hard drive space too, if that's not too geeky and can be
implemented in a nice way) and a sort of indicator showing you on which
workspace you currently are. The simplistic style differentiates them
from the other launcher items while keeping the distraction as low as
possible. Bonus point: We get Windows users more easily to discover the
workplace switcher.

Regards, Benjamin