Re: Unity needs a "presentation mode" (inbuilt way to inhibit screensaver)

You are right, in an ideal world all apps should handle this fine, but in
practice that is not always the case, due to either the app not supporting
it, or gnome randomly breaking it with each release, I've seen this quite a
lot in my years using linux, and its quite annoying when its not working.
In any case having to open system settings and then going to brightness and
lock is something cumbersome for someone to have to do often, a quick
keyboard shortcut for a presentation mode would be far more convenient, and
a 100% stable fallback for when an app does not have this working.