Re: exploring matching launcher, panel and window borders for unity 6.0+ ?

On 03/01/2012 10:01 PM, Omar B. wrote:
Unity is constantly evolving in the looks department. Components start to match and integrate better with each other in every new cycle:

- launcher and its elements now matches the chameleonic dash.

- notify-osd now matches too. example:
http://people.canonical.com/~mmueller/notify-osd-avgerage-bg-color-1.jpg <http://people.canonical.com/%7Emmueller/notify-osd-avgerage-bg-color-1.jpg>

Now, are there any plans to explore the remaining elements like matching panel, window borders and maybe some extra theming in the next cycles (after the lts) ?

I think unity could become more beautiful, than any current desktop.

I've found some examples (some very similar or inspired by unity) of panels/borders in this gallery and i must say they would look great:

http://thewildsider.deviantart.com/gallery/

some of my favorites are:

http://thewildsider.deviantart.com/art/Sunny-AM-160788081 (nice matching panel, though this was unity :o)

http://thewildsider.deviantart.com/art/Falling-Indeed-175711205 (nice panel and vertical menu)

http://thewildsider.deviantart.com/art/Lazy-Day-162669024 (very nice overall and borders)

http://thewildsider.deviantart.com/art/Playing-With-Time-166536953 (oh)

http://thewildsider.deviantart.com/art/W-equal-DT-162260213 (borders look good)

that's one of my hopes for upcoming cycles :)

I want to share my configuration (not much of a configuration - just launcher and panel at opacity 2.8) . I'd love to see that look implemented by default :
attached

(I hope 2 MB isn't that much to send to the list :? )

Petko