[Ayatana-dev] Application Menu Status for 25 June

Not to be outdone by the (excellent) work of the other Unity folks,
Ted and Cody have released indicator-appmenu 0.0.7 and appmenu-gtk
0.0.8 which are now in Maverick and the Lucid PPA.

Overall:

We're getting close to including the menu by default in Unity (right
now you have to explicitly install it). There's a few issues left to
iron out, basically submenus and some still-partial menus. That's
where the focus is right now. Seb128 and didrocks will then determine
when to flip the menu on as default. The DX team are going through
existing bugs right now, so now would be a good time to double check
an issue to see if it still affects you.

Appmenu-gtk
- Seperators work as expected (no more extra seperators in the menus)
- Keyboart shortcuts are now displayed in the menu
- Crasher fixes

Changelogs:
https://code.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/indicator-appmenu/trunk
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/0.0.7-0ubuntu1

https://code.launchpad.net/~canonical-dx-team/appmenu-gtk/trunk
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appmenu-gtk/0.0.8-0ubuntu1
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appmenu-gtk/0.0.8-0ubuntu2

And of course, our home page with instructions on how to test:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com