Re: [Ayatana-dev] I am Too Interested

 On 11/23/2010 09:02 AM, meadhikari wrote:
> I am currently doing Software Engineering.
> I have a little concept on C and C++ and will be learning Java this
> year.
> I am a big fan of Ubuntu have been using it as my primary desktop for
> over a year.
> I just wanted to be the part of the community and contribute something
> so as I could too help others and learn a lot in the process.
>
> I started by doing some translation in my mother tongue and have been
> doing so for a while. I just wanted to do some more and I heard about
> paper cut.
>
> Now a dumb here ask you is there any chance that I can contribute and
> how could I do that and what could I be doing.
Hi,

The best thing to start with is to subscribe to the development list
ayatana-dev and ask your question there. Also join us on #ayatana on
freenode where we can interact more directly.

Bugs (and the development tasks associated with them) is what I think
you should be looking for. Filing bugs for errors you're identifying is
a first step. Helping triage them, by reproducing errors, and providing
debugging information to the developers. Then the next natural step is
to propose patches for bugs that you or others have found.

We will soon be launching the "bitesize" bugs program for Unity to
accelerate the participation of the community.

See http://bugs.launchpad.net/unity

Thanks for your support.

David