[Ayatana-dev] We need Unity plumbing documentation

Hi everyone,

seb128 pointed out that we don't really do a good job explaining what
each Unity component does. Right now the Unity get involved page tells
you to basically pick a Unity project and then branch it and then
start coding!

We don't tell people:

a) What the overall architecture layout is.
a) What does what. (Think for a moment, "What does BAMF do?")
b) How the components are integrated with each other and how they
relate. ("Where does Nux fit in?", "If I wanted to fix an indicator
where do I go?")
c) How the versions map out with Unity as a whole.

... and I'm sure you can think of others. I think a good start would
be a nice diagram, here's meego's as an example:
http://www.allaboutmeego.com/images/news/193346759.jpg

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.