[Ayatana-dev] Unity Bitesize Bug Report for 7 December

Hi Ayatana-dev,

As I mentioned last week we’ve started a campaign for helping people
get started on fixing bitesize bugs in Unity. Jono blogged about this
as well. As it turns up, we’ve got our first bitesize contributor
today!

Jamal Fanaian has fixed Bug #683241: Jamal is a developer working on
Flickr. He passes along “I love Ubuntu and open source software, so my
only real hobby has become working on open soruce. Other than that, I
like playing with hardware, although recently I have found less time
to do so.”

Basically the trash icon showed up empty even if you had stuff in it.
Jamal first grabbed the code, then fixed the bug, and then pushed it
to launchpad. Here's the list of bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize

And the highlights ...

Bug 677577 - Clicking on a launcher icon does not raise most recent
window- Fixed!
Bug 646740 - indicators are mis-aligned
Bug 683241 - Recycle bin icon is empty when there are items in the bin - Fixed!
Bug 683466 - There are 2 Quit menu options in Quicklist
Bug 599716 - having “unity —replace” would be nice
Bug 681428 - scrolling does not work on the sound menu - Music lovers
everywhere would appreciate a fix here.

New bitesize bugs this week (they might be older bugs but new to bitesize):

Bug 686591 - unity-panel-service should be autorestarted by unity when
crashing - A fix for this one would be most welcome, as it’s annoying!
Bug 677594 - Workspace switcher useless with one workspace - Armor
Nick seems to be doing the initial investigation here.
Bug 686182 - Unity launchers run multiple copies of program if clicked
multiple times before the program loads
Bug 599716 - having an unity binary would be nice

Getting Involved: Instructions for getting started are available here:
http://unity.ubuntu.com/get-involved.

For more information check out the wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/Bitesize

Original blog post (with formatting):
http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2134565731/unity-bitesize-bug-report-for-7-december

--