Re: [Ayatana-dev] Searching for applications, keywords and synonyms

Hi Dylan

As for feedback: YES search needs love, and this seems like a good
starting point.

I do think we'll need to provide a deeper base of content for each app.
Tags, reviews, descriptions that can be added through the web rather
than requiring packaging or .desktop file changes are all important.

MPT is worth talking to, as he will have good thoughts about how we can
get a rich base of textual data for the search. Anything in the Dash
applies pretty much directly to Ubuntu Software Centre too :-) so it's
worth chatting to MPT and the developers of USC.

Mark