Re: [Ayatana-dev] Indicator datetime changes coming

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 10:13 -0600, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 14:44 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > > http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/indicator-messages/trunk.0.2/annotate/head%3A/src/indicator-messages.c#L198
> > >
> > > Hopefully that should be enough to get you started, ask more questions
> > > as they come up!
> >
> > This is great, copied verbatim at present and seems to be the ideal
> > solution.
> >
> > For doing the coloured icons I suggest we create a cairo surface and get
> > a pixbuf of it to set the icon. This would appear to me as the simplest
> > solution, to using arbitrary colours for the icons.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Do we need to tint the icons or do we need to just
> have the colors?

MPT says: "Each event should be presented as an ordinary menu item. The
icon for the item should represent what kind of event it is
(appointment, meeting, etc), and for calendar events the icon should be
tinted depending on which calendar it comes from (Personal, Work, etc)."

In: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeAndDate#Coming%20events

So I'm not going to make a judgement here. I'm happy (if we have the
right icons) to just mask fill a cairo surface in the right colour and
push it off as a pixbuf.

BR,