Re: [Ayatana-dev] Setting up a Unity 2D development environment

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 20:49 -0700, Nathan Moos wrote:
> Any advice for setting up a Unity 2D development environment. I know
> there's not any documentation on it, but I could use a "getting
> started" guide.
> -Nathan Moos

Hey Nathan,

I have just started working a bit on unity 2d. Id recommend just opening
Qt creator from the repo and just editing the code in there. The code is
organized pretty well to see at the glance where you should make your
changes.

In terms of developing the code varies for each of the parts. Ive only
looked at the launcher so far so I cant talk about any of the other
components.

The launcher: Most of the display stuff is in the qml files that are
grabbed and used in the cpp files in /launcher/app. The qml bit is split
into two files launcher and launcheritem, the launcher bit is for the
entire launcher and the launcheritem is for the look and behavior of
each item. The cpp files are split into launcher, launchercontrol and
launcherview. The launcher cpp file is the main for the launcher and it
grabs the qml and it calls the launcherview object cpp which contains
all of the display stuff for the launcher at a more base level than the
qml bits and launchercontrol is for the dbus service. So if you know how
to use qml and C++ together you should be fine with doing any work on
it.

Anyway I may do a guide when I get to know the entire code base but if
you have any questions ill keep an eye on the list and answer if I can.

--fagan