Re: [Ayatana-dev] Head's up: Some important changes in Unity's source

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 12:32 +0200, Piñeiro wrote:
> > So, we are going to try and embrace the world of C++ with a much more
> > loving arms instead of treating it like the pet we're embarrassed of :)
>
> So, should we also consider to move the C-based ATK accessibility code
> to C++ (so, check again if atkmm could be useful here) ?

My thinking here is that we could treat the work you've done like we
treat Dee/BAMF/etc and just have a thin wrapper around the few APIs that
you make available to the rest of Unity in C++. That would let us keep
the code that you've already worked on, but allow nicer usage of it
through the wrapper.

Obviously if it would mean we end up wrapping most of ATK, then atkmm is
a much better solution and we can add a dependancy, but if it's only a
small chunk gluing the main views to your code, then a wrapper would
work fine.

--
Neil Jagdish Patel | Technical Lead
Desktop Experience Team